PLEASE NOTE: The information on this page is under review and will be updated for the 2017 studentship competition.
In this section of our website you will find comprehensive details about each of our 24 pathways. The pathways are crucial to the functioning of the SGSSS and are broadly analogous to academic disciplines, with some representing strategically important collaborative research areas (e.g. Environment, Climate Change & Energy).
Each page contains information about the pathway, the universities participating, and contact details for the institutions/departments.
- African Studies and International Development
- Business and Management
- Economic and Social History
- Environment, Climate Change and Energy
- Families, Relationships and Demographic Change
- Human Geography
- Information Science
- Language Science
- Language-based Area Studies
- Politics and International Relations
- Science, Technology and Innovation Studies
- Social and Applied Investigations in Language
- Social Anthropology
- Social Care
- Social Policy
- Social Work
- Socio-Legal Studies and Criminology
- Urban Planning and Real Estate