- Date and Time
- 26th Jun 2017 10:30 – 26th Jun 2017 16:00
- Robert Gordon University
iDocQ 2017 (Information Science Doctoral Colloquium)
26 June 2017
Robert Gordon University
The partner universities of the ESRC Scottish Graduate School of Social Science information science pathway have hosted an annual doctoral colloquium (iDocQ) since 2011. The colloquium is aimed at students studying towards PhDs in information science and other related disciplines. This year’s event takes place on Monday 26th June at Robert Gordon University in Aberdeen. The event is suitable for doctoral students at all stages of their studies. Attendees will be offered the opportunity to showcase their work to leading academics, researchers and other doctoral candidates as well as networking opportunities throughout.
The 2017 programme will include:
- A keynote presentation from Dr Luke Sloan from Cardiff University He will be talking about representation on Twitter and what Twitter can tell us about the social world.
- An opportunity to network during a PhD related exercise
- One Minute Madness presentations
- Break-out workshop sessions for different challenges of the doctoral journey
- Q+A session where students can anonymously ask questions to the panel of academic pathway members
To register please go to the Eventbrite page.
If you are a doctoral student from outside of Scotland, or an academic, you are welcome to attend and can contact Dr Elizabeth Tait (email@example.com) to make arrangements. A fee of £15 will be charged to cover catering and will be payable to Robert Gordon University.
Last updated 21 Apr 2017 2:14pm